Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Katharine Hepburn, I Like Your Style


For about five summers in a row, I had a traditional beach/vacation read: "Me" by Katharine Hepburn. It's one of the best autobiographies I've ever read, completely in her voice, and made me a bonafide super fan. My NaNa gave it to me when I was 12, and I set out to devour the movies of hers I hadn't seen. She's still one of my greatest idols, not to mention one of the great beauties. She could wear dresses,


She could golf with the boys ...


She could rock the best hairsdo ever...


She could go from sequins ...


to trousers ...


And settle in for some knitting. She could also romance the greatest stars and millionaires, took cold showers on purpose, won 4 out of her 12 Oscar nominations and was such a generally great character that Cate Blanchett won an Oscar just for playing her (I'd consider that a 13th nomination, don't you?). Now that's a woman.

Get Her Style
Katharine Hepburn Style



No comments: